Today we'll answer the common question "How to get new customers with social media" - The first step to any successful online campaign is consistency and regular updates/posts. Social media is all about building customer trust, generating awareness and generating sales.
If potential customers land on your Facebook page are they going to be impressed or are they going to turn away? Having regular, rich content will build trust and professionalism for your company/brand. We recommend building a theme with your content. Ensure that all of the pictures have a similar style/approach. This will allow for brand consistency and authenticity. Also, ensure that you are using between 2 and 5 hashtags per post - Facebook does not like it when you use too many or none at all, so 2 - 5 is the sweet spot!
All things considered, everything listed in this article is only the start of social media marketing. A lot of time, experience and dedication is involved to deliver your desired result. Because of this, many businesses (small and large), tend to outsource all social media marketing efforts to a third party marketing agency. Get in touch and we can help you with your social media (click here).
Here are a few crucial time-related tips we’d recommend following when trying to utilise social media as an effective advertising platform...
⏰ When’s the most optimal time to post on social media?
To comprehend the best time to post on social media you have to put yourself in your follower’s shoes. You have to determine the most likely times your audience is going to be active on social media. To give you an idea, 70% of people regularly use social media In their relaxing time (7 PM onwards).
📆 How to get new customers with social media by scheduling your content.
We strongly advise that every month you spend 2-3 days planning and scheduling posts for the month ahead in advance.
As I’m sure you’re aware, and we are culprits of this too, your own social media accounts and pushing out regular posts can often slip your mind, or you just won’t have the time to get a post out at the time you’d like. This is why scheduling is remarkably important. If you schedule all your posts for the month, you know that no matter where you are, or what you’re doing, you’re still going to appear as active and connected with your audience. But it is key that you still apply the points explained previously with the times that you schedule them, so it appears very natural to your potential customers and audience.
Need help finding the best way to schedule your social media content? Give us a call or send us an email: +44 1225 375001 / email@example.com.
💰 Sales Social Posts.
As helpful as it would be, posting regular sales pushes on social media does not get you results. As a matter of fact, it reduces reach and interactions. You have to remember that people use social media in their downtime. You have to have a good balance between sales-type posts and general posts about things your audience can relate to.
If you plan on posting once every day, one to two sales pushes per week would be plenty. If you were to post slightly less than this, simply use your own knowledge to determine how many sales pushes you should do, it's key to not have too little and not too much. People will get frustrated and disregard all of your posts if there are too many sales-related posts.
🌐 Events, Updates, & Promotions.
Events, updates and promotions are one of the most immeasurable things you can post to social media. You have to remember that it’s something different and off of the ordinary, people find this interesting and are more willing to interact and look at your post.
😀 Social media marketing with general content.
90% of your posts are going to be general content. Try to create all of your captions as if you’re addressing one individual who you know very well. When someone reads a caption and it seems very connected to them personally, they feel more trusted. Use words such as ‘you’ and ‘together’. This applies to sales posts too - I’m sure you’re aware that a personal connection when selling something is most optimal as the customer is going to feel comfortable and trusting.
📷 Images or Videos for social media?
If you have the resources to post videos regularly make sure you do! Videos are much more enticing and people pay more attention to a short video opposed to an image with a caption. That being said, ensure that are separated with photos from time to time.
✅ General tips for social media:
- Any chance you get to post a ‘funny’ picture or video make sure you do! People love little jokes and funny stories that they can relate to. These posts often lead to shares and added awareness.
- Share anything you can on your Facebook page. It builds trust for new customers when you are active on social media. Splitting up your posts with some shares of other pages is a great way to show you are active.
- General news… If there is something very big going on In the world, (that’s not related to religion or politics), have your say! Write a few lines about big events that are happening around the world or share some posts related to it and add a little cation to your share. This will get people interacting with your posts.
- Morning and mid-day posts are not effective. Many people believe that if they post their content early in the morning, or mid-day the content will be there for the whole day for people to see. This is not how it works. You want to post your content at your most optimal times to reach the most people. The longer the post is on social media, the less reach it receives. In theory, this means posting out early in the day will result in fewer people seeing it as it'll been filtered out as the day goes on.
- Instagram stories are a great way to grow your reach. Make sure you use one hashtag on your story and it’ll have the chance to appear in the public story for that specific hashtag. Using more than one hashtag can reduce the chances of this happening.
- Use questions in your posts to get people commenting. The more comments you receive, the more the post will be spread around.
Is there a better way to use social media marketing?
We understand that this might seem like a lot to take in. Believe us, this is only the start! 😫 Social media is difficult, complicated and time-consuming to deliver a return on investment for your time. Because of this, many businesses (small and large), tend to outsource all social media marketing efforts to a third party marketing agency.
Outsourcing is a fantastic idea, it allows you to focus on what you are good at and leave this social media efforts to a trained and experienced team. Social media is forever changing, and it’s only getting more difficult to stand out from the crowd. Outsourcing allows for your business to grow awareness, sales and t importantly customer trust. Customer trust leads to “unspoken” sales. A sale is more likely to convert if you have content, activity and social proof to back up your sales efforts. If you don’t have any proof and/or trust, you’re more than likely going to lose a potential sale before they even enquire.
🚀 How can I outsource my social media marketing to an agency?
We regularly work with small and large businesses on various sized social media marketing campaigns. Send us a message, even if we don’t work together i’m sure you’ll take something useful from our conversations!